TRY Day grants have been awarded for 2017-18. Thank you to all of the schools that are participating. Best of luck with all of the fun activities that are planned.
The Ontario Ministry of Education has again provided a grant of up to $700 per school for the 2017-18 year for schools to enhance their athletic/activity programs with an OFSAA Try Day program.
WHAT schools are eligible??
- 140 publicly-funded secondary schools
- Schools must meet the minimum requirement of participants and student leaders
- Only schools committed to completing the program should apply!!
- Priority will be given to new applicants to the Try Day program and to those schools conducting sustainable activities
CRITERIA for approval for funding and reimbursement??
- Must introduce a new sport or physical activity to their current physical education program
- Must make activity available to students in multiple grade levels
- Must include the leadership component - minimum of six(6) student leaders in the planning and implementation of the Try Day event
- Must include a minimum of sixty (60) participants (30 in schools with a student population under 500) in the Try Day program
- Must complete the Try Day program by April 15, 2018
HOW to apply??
- Applications and criteria can be found on the OFSAA website (Programs/Try Day/Registration Form)
- Submit your application ONLINE.
SELECTION of Recipients and Process??
- Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the request fits the parameters of the program.
- First-time applicants will receive priority.
- Funding acceptance sent by email if all criteria are in place
- Reporting package emailed within 2 weeks of your acceptance.
- Posters distributed by mail.
- To receive reimbursement, schools must meet all requirements, complete online reporting forms, and student evaluations, and email receipts, photos, and media articles no later than May 1, 2018.
- Enhance and strengthen your physical activity and athletic programs by introducing new or non-traditional activities to your curricular, co-curricular or school club programs
- Introduce sustainable activities that benefit both present and future students
- Provide an opportunity for student leadership
- Encourage regular daily activity as well as lifelong active participation
Fill out and Submit the Registration Form ON-LINE now
**If you do not receive a reply within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please contact me.
Diana Ranken, ‘Try Day’ Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)