Applications for TRY Day grants for 2018-19 can now be submitted ONLINE.
The Ontario Ministry of Education is again providing grants of up to $700 per school for the 2018-19 school year for schools to enhance their athletic/activity programs with an OFSAA Try Day program.
SCHOOLS APPLYING FOR THE TRY DAY GRANT SHOULD KNOW THAT THIS IS A DEFINITE COMMITMENT TO COMPLETE THE TRY DAY PROGRAM, AND SUBMIT THE REQUIRED REPORTING MATERIALS BY THE DEADLINES.
WHAT schools are eligible??
- 140 publicly-funded secondary schools
- Schools must meet the minimum requirement of participants and student leaders
- Only schools committed to completing the program should apply!!
- Priority will be given to new applicants to the Try Day program and to those schools conducting sustainable activities
CRITERIA for approval for funding and reimbursement??
- Must introduce a new sport or physical activity to their current physical education program
- Must make activity available to students in multiple grade levels
- Must include the leadership component - minimum of six(6) student leaders in the planning and implementation of the Try Day event
- Must include a minimum of sixty (60) participants (30 in schools with a student population under 500) in the Try Day program
- Must complete the Try Day program by April 30, 2019
HOW to apply??
- Applications and criteria can be found on the OFSAA website (Programs/Try Day/Registration Form)
- Submit your application ONLINE.
SELECTION of Recipients and Process??
- Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the request fits the parameters of the program.
- First-time applicants and small rural schools will receive priority.
- Funding acceptance sent by email within 3 weeks if all criteria are in place
- Reporting package emailed at the end of August
- Posters distributed by mail at the end of August
- To receive reimbursement, schools must meet all requirements, complete online reporting forms, and student evaluations, and email receipts, photos, and media articles no later than May 15, 2019.
- Enhance and strengthen your physical activity and athletic programs by introducing new or non-traditional activities to your curricular, co-curricular or school club programs
- Introduce sustainable activities that benefit both present and future students
- Provide an opportunity for student leadership
- Encourage regular daily activity as well as lifelong active participation
Fill out and Submit the Registration Form ON-LINE now
**If you do not receive a reply within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please contact me directly.
Diana Ranken, ‘Try Day’ Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)